In Docs, a lot of attention gets paid to the word processing and spreadsheet applications, but you don’t see as much attention paid to drawings and presentations; the patches for these two applications tend to get overlooked.
Improvements to the existing presentation software in docs first rolled out in October 2011, adding new features to enhance your presentation by including
- Transitions to move between slides with simple fades or spicier 3D effects
- Animations to add emphasis or to make your slides more playful
- New themes to create beautiful presentations with distinct visual styles
- Drawings to build new designs, layouts, and flowcharts within a presentation
- Rich tables with merged cells and more options for adding style to your data
- Google Docs Polishes Its Presentation Skills (wired.com)