Everything is moving to the cloud. Your files should be online in multiple geographical locations. Your PBX should already be in a cluster so it doesn’t go down what’s left? Your desktops.
A system like Microsoft Windows Terminal Server will allow you to run all your company desktops / workspace within a cloud. Your employees work off a server that is housed in a data center vs. the machine sitting on their desk.
Cloud Desktops have major benefits:
- Control / Management
- ensure all programs are up to date
- ensure users only access certain files and applications. No more solitaire.
- Flexibility / Easy Deployment
- company doubling in size? easily increase the server resources without having to buy a new server.
- add another employee within minutes. All applications they need are instantly ready.
- access the desktops with just an internet connection from any device.
- no need to have an expensive laptop to lug around, all your files and applications live in the cloud.
- clouds were built to have high availability.
- raid 10 drives in each desktop is not realistic, cloud systems ensure data is always backed up and available.
- desktops are housed in a tier 1 data center so you will have the best internet connection available.
- consolidating all resources into a cloud will boost performance compared to purchasing expensive desktops.
- Security / Compliance
- ensure all antivirus programs are up to date.
- ensure no employees can copy data with USB sticks.
- lost laptops have no data, so are never a threat.
- Lower TCO
- with centralized services , desktop issues are minimized.
- maintenance on a centralized server is easier.
- computer support hours are less.
Want to try it? Give us a call, we’ll make you a Cloud Desktop to try! 545-5282
Our entry level desktop still gets incredible speeds:
Virtual Desktops Explained
Thin Clients in Schools